Shoppers liked to visit physical stores because the existing wedding apparel sites were difficult to navigate, did not support customization, and used too many critical terms. Women also had different levels of control over their wedding attire so it was difficult to manage it for bridal parties.
We conducted competitive analysis on wedding clothing stores, as well as visited and interviewed wedding consultants before the design process. Based on the interview data, we created 4 design artifacts and defined our solution. We prototyped our solution and presented to the class. The results: got the highest grade in class.
We spoke to a bride, her maid of honor, and a bridesmaid about how they managed their wedding apparel. The team figured out how each of the women had different levels of control over their attire. In addition, it was extremely difficult for them to find a style of dress online unless they used highly technical terms. Sometimes the bridal sites didn't even have the apparel that women wanted.
In order to design the website, we first conducted a competitive analysis on 7 wedding clothing stores. The results were: the sites were difficult to navigate, did not support customization, and used too many critical terms. However, Mr. Tux and David's Bridal provided useful customization tools that help users make a better match for their wedding apparel.
We talked to employees of David's Bridal and Men's Wearhouse, people on the provider side of the transaction as our directed story telling participants, and saw them working with the wedding party. The wedding consultants told us that shoppers generally go to the store with a theme in their mind. The employees act more like filters who help the shopper search for apparel that matches the party's themes.
Based on the data we collected from the interviews, I built this model which represented the experience of shopping for wedding attire.
We then created two personas which helped us guide the design. I defined the experience, end and life goals and gathered persona photography.
We created this scenario based on the user research results. It visualized the steps that a person might take to come to the final decision.
Next, I created a mood board to brainstorm a look and feel and capture a visual sense of direction for the application. The purpose of this was to have an visual agreement with the team on the app we are building.
Finally, before building the website, we created the information architecture to help us visualize the connections and hierarchies of data.This model helped us clearly see the different paths to achieve these elements.
Finally, we created a prototype with HTML/CSS to showcase our idea.